the suckage of order...

The Public forum for Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Moderators: mittu, DucK, Ala, Trustees

the suckage of order...

Postby Smartass » Sun May 31, 2009 8:00 am

Hey ho, folks. Hope someone is still reading this forum...
I've been playing a bit for the last couple of weeks, and this last week I have started to really get in to it. Some weird and/or crappy stuff, but mostly I'm really enjoying it. :)

But the last few days, I've been noticing something about playing on the order side. I'm playing (like most of you, yes?) order on Karak Azgal, and I don't know if this is just a case of always thinking the other side is better, but to me it's starting to feel like order side just simply suck. Greatly.
And I'm not referring to the classes, I mean the players. The last couple of days I've been doing scenarios, and if I'm not mistaken we keep getting owned big time, almost every time...
Yesterday I played about 10 scenarios, and, except for two cases where we won big time, we got completely steamrolled every time. To a point where it was just embarrasing, people running to their deaths like lemmings over the cliff. 50 to 500 was the type of humiliation we usually had to endure. It's like they've never heard of cooperation or tactics...

So, am I just imagining this, or is there really some difference here? And if there is, where is a good destro server to play on? :D
-- Beta testing Life --
Smartass
Optio

Re: the suckage of order...

Postby Goody » Sun May 31, 2009 8:09 am

tru dat :wall:
ad sanguinem
Goody
Optio

Postby Ralphman » Sun May 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Smarty wrote:but to me it's starting to feel like order side just simply suck. Greatly.

I haven't played for several months but while I did play my experience was that you are absolutely right. Mainly due to what you say about cooperation but also due to the fact that most order players would rather sit around and whine and hide behind other order players while destruction would fight until their dyeing breath and laugh about the whole thing. I tended to play destro more and more towards the end for the simple reason that the player base were a hell of a lot more fun to play with.
Twitter - Blog
GW2(Desolation)
Ëir - Norn Elementalist | Coldoro - Asura Engineer | Twïg - Sylvari Ranger | Ofibo - Asura Necromancer | Aigin - Norn Warrior
Ralphman
Trustee

Postby Avatar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:38 am

I have to build up the courage to play now to endure the humiliating defeats and total ownage that Dest give out in Scenarios and RVR, it really is painful to get wiped over and over by a zerg and it usually ends by most of Order leaving. I have consoled myself by plucking the hairs from my testicles on an evening now rather than play
Optio

Postby Weazle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am

Hahahahaha .... obviously you guys haven't played Tor Anroc as Destro ...... fricking dwarf knockbacks are the ghey! :P
Main Website: CreepCultMurderers(dot)com | Demos: myspace(dot)com/creepcultmurderers
"Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it .... it will blow up?" - PC Danny Butterman
Weazle
Trustee

Postby Smartass » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:25 am

Weazle, it sounds like you are more referring to the different classes, which I was not. I was talking more about the players, and the impression I get that order players are, in general, not very good team players.
After having played destro on K8P the last week, with a bunch of different chars in T1, that impression is still there...
In scenarios, instead of either being completely silent, running almost in single file to their deaths, or constantly whining about not being healed, the destro players actually communicate about the game, and say useful and even friendly stuff.
Gosh.
-- Beta testing Life --
Smartass
Optio

Postby Weazle » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 am

Depends where you are playing, I've encountered muppets no matter which side on MMOs.

I found its quite manic to communicate via text in scenarios, but its quite a laugh and easier when you've got a few mates on Vent/TS with you.
Main Website: CreepCultMurderers(dot)com | Demos: myspace(dot)com/creepcultmurderers
"Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it .... it will blow up?" - PC Danny Butterman
Weazle
Trustee

Return to Warhammer: Age of Reckoning