How was launch?

This is the overall forum for the Brotherhood guild in World of Warcraft

Moderators: Wolf, Trustees

Re: How was launch?

Postby Cron » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:41 pm

The game is as casual as you want to make it tbh, they have made it so you can gear toons pretty nicely without having to raid now tho which lends itself to the casual gamer more.

| PSN: Cron_13 |
| Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/cron_13/ |
Cornicularius

Postby DoG » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 am

Ding 85 woot!

So many fun quests and pop-culture references (sarlacc pit anyone?) all the way through to 85, and I have done like 30% of em so lots to discover and to do :D
Dogtag -Bountyhunter Powertech
Dogtags - Imperial Agent Sniper
DoG
Optio

Postby maverick177uk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:42 pm

I will be coming back waiting to see if I get it for Xmas or having to buy it myself, decided on a Tauren Paladin and doing a goblin as well not decided what though. I looked on my account and I first played in June 2005!!! :shock So I'm going to go Horde and try and stick too it this time, going to casually play so I get to see all the new stuff not rushing around or anything, I've also got a 52 undead Rogue and a 30 Troll priest on Stormrage as well, but I'd need to learn how to play them all again.
maverick177uk
Optio

Postby Ala » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:11 pm

@ Bam: I play on Oceanic server - Jubei'Thos. Guild is full of young 'uns :/ but there are some nice people. Very different to TB.

My 2 main chars atm are
Priest - Alá <Apocalypse WoW>
Mage - Alå <Apocalypse WoW>
Ala
Optio

Postby Ala » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:13 pm

DoG wrote:Ding 85 woot!

So many fun quests and pop-culture references (sarlacc pit anyone?) all the way through to 85, and I have done like 30% of em so lots to discover and to do :D

Grats!
Ala
Optio

Postby Cron » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 am

Have to say, really enjoying the game...

Have an 85 mage on Nagrand. I was a bit underwhelmed by the starter zone (mt hyjal) however further into that and the other zones are fantastic. The quests/dungeons are a step up from the dumbed down faceroll WOTLK expansion. Still got my 80 rogue and DK on Khadgar but think i'm going to just stick to one toon.

Any newbie Alliance CGA'ers on the <tb> server Stormrage is it? - I have about 600g you are welcome to. I had started an alliance druid there, but xferred my mage across from Khadgar to Nagrand to play with Riddles instead.

The new dungeons can be somewhat frustrating however - with nubs still thinking its faceroll and just running in hehe.

Cornicularius

Postby Scalpy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Must............resist.............the...............drug................
"Give me back my sock, you goat bastard!"
Scalpy
Cornicularius

Postby maverick177uk » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:36 am

Cron wrote:Have to say, really enjoying the game...

Have an 85 mage on Nagrand. I was a bit underwhelmed by the starter zone (mt hyjal) however further into that and the other zones are fantastic. The quests/dungeons are a step up from the dumbed down faceroll WOTLK expansion. Still got my 80 rogue and DK on Khadgar but think i'm going to just stick to one toon.

Any newbie Alliance CGA'ers on the <tb> server Stormrage is it? - I have about 600g you are welcome to. I had started an alliance druid there, but xferred my mage across from Khadgar to Nagrand to play with Riddles instead.

The new dungeons can be somewhat frustrating however - with nubs still thinking its faceroll and just running in hehe.

Hey mate I may tap you up for that money in a week or so if that's ok, when my account was hacked mst of my gold went walkies :cry
maverick177uk
Optio

Postby Kelltic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Yeah I started a new account up as well, to see Worgen and Goblin really. Lunablade, my worgen warrior on Stormrage is 24 I think already, with 75g in the bank already from gathering profs. Always happy to receive money from kind benefactors :D
Kelltic
Cornicularius

Postby Ren » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Mildy tempted, but I must admit I'm going to try to stay away from the addiction again as I've got too many other games on the go and I just don't need another reason to lose money / real world time.
Ren
Optio

Postby riddles » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 am

Taking it relatively casually. Dinged 84 yesterday. Now just need the 9mil XP to hit 85...
riddles
Optio

Postby Kelltic » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 am

Well since I last played the game has changed a fair bit, it certainly is an absolute doddle to level a new character now. My warrior is lv28, has 250g in the bank and it has been very fast and fun. Lots of quests now available in the low zones (think BC number of quests and chains etc) with good xp, coupled with changes to the map and quest tracking, getting first mount at lv20 (or in worgen's case a running ability) as well as getting xp for mining and gathering herbs and the levels are flying in. Also helps that even warriors now get a self heal so downtime even as warrior is virtually nonexistant. An enjoyable casual return :D
Kelltic
Cornicularius

Postby maverick177uk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:51 am

Just downloaded the free Cataclysm 10 day trial will be giving it a whirl later :D
maverick177uk
Optio

Postby maverick177uk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:46 am

Well I'm a level 11 Goblin Warrior loved the starter area with the car, will level to 20 and get mount then I'll have a quick go on a Worgen. Definitely going to stay horde i think my main is going to be a Tauren Paladin, starting from scratch and taking it casual, For The Herd :D
maverick177uk
Optio

Postby BamBam » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:56 am

Update from me:

Level 83 and when I rejoined about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was level 74, so that's how fast it can go. Not even really been rushing, just a few hours a night.

Can't belive you didn't like Mount Hyjal Cron - I loved the fact it was phased and you could see the impact your actions made.

Very much enjoying it but probably will wane after I hit 85 and finish of the quests in areas I haven't touched (Vash'jir and the other one)
BamBam
Pedantic of Sydney

Postby Cron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 am

I went back after I hit 85 and did twilight and vashir. Mt hyjal was "ok" the phasing is very much been there seen that before... Every single new zone has phasing and a good whack of lich king zones did too. Definately the weakest of the new zones IMO.

Cornicularius

Postby BamBam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Think I've buggered up Vash'Jir. Went back to try to find my old quests there and can't seem to find any. Even with QuestHelper. Ah well not to worry. Underwater was annoying I thought.

I hadn't seen as much phasing as there was in Mt Hyjal previously. Have to say though, Uldum is awesome.
BamBam
Pedantic of Sydney

Postby maverick177uk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:40 am

Pally at 60 now got my flying mount so it makes things easier, weird how empty Burning Crusade areas are, expecting the same when I get to Northrend as well, still means no hassles when questing :D
maverick177uk
Optio

Postby BamBam » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 am

Hehe you should play when I do. Every zone is dead. It's like I have a server to myself. Lonely. So very very lonely!
BamBam
Pedantic of Sydney

Postby maverick177uk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm

BamBam wrote:Hehe you should play when I do. Every zone is dead. It's like I have a server to myself. Lonely. So very very lonely!

Read this but had Team America in my head :lol
maverick177uk
Optio

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft