Hitman Absolution

The place for CGA visitors to write their very own reviews about the games and mods they've played.

Moderator: Trustees

Hitman Absolution

Postby ToxicTwin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Anyone playing this ? Got this on a whim tbh. Watched the trailer for it on Steam so thought , "Hmmmmmmmmm why not!" IN the wake of buying it, I also got Assassins Creed 3 and Farcry 3, so it got put to one side until I had completed both of those. Got the first one and started playing it, hated it, mainly because there was no save option ( although I think it may have had one added in one of the game updates) Plus, you had to play it through perfectly, or you had to start again. In the end I just left it ane never went back

Hitman Absoltion took some getting into, but once in, loving it. I think and I have yet to achieve this, you can complete a level without killing anyone, just playing on stealth. You start off with 0 points and earn points or lose points based on how you play a level through. Kill somone, you lose 250 points, hide the body, you get 100 points back etc etc. Almost finished it so will return to find all the little easter eggs and also to maybe go through and kill everyone that gets in my way of my contract :evil

Loads of little things to do to rack up the points too

All in all not a bad game, might serve to wait until Steam offer it in the sale
ToxicTwin
Optio

Re: Hitman Absolution

Postby quikkie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 pm

I bought it during the sale as well (as well as Far Cry 3). Not my usual kind of game but I am both enjoying it and hating it at the same time. When I'm trying for a particular achievement and something goes wrong part way through, for the tenth time...

And the many ways you can achieve the goals is a nice nod to replay-ability
Our rights then and now:
"No freeman shall be taken, or imprisoned, or disseized, or outlawed, or exiled, or in any way harmed--nor will we go upon or send upon him--save by the lawful judgment of his peers or by the law of the land.." Magna Carta June 15 1215
"We'll just change the law" Jacqui Smith 27th February 2008
quikkie
Optio

Re: Hitman Absolution

Postby ToxicTwin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:05 pm

On the Steam sale for £5, cannot go wrong at that price
ToxicTwin
Optio

Return to Game Reviews