planet side 2 pre purchase...

The place to tell us what new games are on the horizon, info, internet (non-member) reviews and expected release dates.

Moderator: Trustees

Re: planet side 2 pre purchase...

Postby DoG » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 pm

meh so far, but havent been in really big fights yet
Dogtag -Bountyhunter Powertech
Dogtags - Imperial Agent Sniper
DoG
Optio

Postby Ralphman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:58 am

Those of you playing, which side, which server, name?

I started out as NC for the hour I've tried so far, can't remember which server though. Finally got into GW2 so have spent some time with that. But if there are a few playing I wouldn't mind trying it with some VC and semi organization :)
Twitter - Blog
GW2(Desolation)
Ëir - Norn Elementalist | Coldoro - Asura Engineer | Twïg - Sylvari Ranger | Ofibo - Asura Necromancer | Aigin - Norn Warrior
Ralphman
Trustee

Postby DoG » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 am

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/17/plane ... ets-bombs/

They are working on the meh apparantly :) I have a bunch of characters on the NC side, think its just CoFRDoG
DoG
Optio

Postby Erick-EZ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:33 am

Scared to go out and buy this. Watched a beta trailer on Youtube, and this might be pretty addictive. Looks nice though :)
I'll go and play Darksiders 2 first, and when i finished it i'll check how you guys are holding up.

Then there's GW2, i still haven't got it. I'm afraid to get addicted to these games again and i'll fck up my beginner stage social life again.

Single player FPS games i play now, i can stop playing after like 2 hours. Multiplayer games can stick me behind the screen for over 5 hours if not more. I kinda lack the discipline to stop :P
Erick-EZ
Signifier

Postby Rossi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 am

Erick, come play with me. I'll still be playing in two weeks time.
Video games. Bleeping blooping masturbatory aids for emotionally crippled social outcasts. Probably male outcasts. Probably physically repugnant and sexually inexperienced. Probably frightened of the real world. Probably standing here on this very spot saying these very words to a camera right now. Probably me, basically. Video games are for losers like me. Apparently. - Charlie Brooker

Fuck console fps's, its like remote controlling a fat kid! - DoG, 2010.
"If the Arsenal players don't like being tackled, they should go and play basketball or netball or one of the other games." - Joey Barton, NUFC 2011.
Rossi
First Centurion

Postby TonySoprano » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 am

Been playing a lot the last few days on server Euro 2 as an NC char called FLIPSPICELAND. Rossi - tried adding you (ukrossi) and it just says invalid char name. Am half-enjoying it, half-despising it. When you die, your spawn option is miles away from where you die or where any action is. I reckon 70% of my time playing is just running. I dont know if it's any different if you're in a squad or an outfit but it's boring the shit out of me?
Mixes now on Soundcloud :-
http://soundcloud.com/out-of-my-system
TonySoprano
Cornicularius

Postby Rossi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am

TonySoprano wrote:Been playing a lot the last few days on server Euro 2 as an NC char called FLIPSPICELAND. Rossi - tried adding you (ukrossi) and it just says invalid char name. Am half-enjoying it, half-despising it. When you die, your spawn option is miles away from where you die or where any action is. I reckon 70% of my time playing is just running. I dont know if it's any different if you're in a squad or an outfit but it's boring the shit out of me?

Name is rossiuk mate. Theres going to be a char wipe in a few days time anyway.

The spawn system is changing radically in the next patch. Galaxies are no longer spawns unless they are very highly specced, instead the Sunderer troop transport will become the main mobile spawn, much like the AMS was in PS1.

I know what you mean about being spawned away from the fight, but thats mostly because of the very high cost of Galaxies in resources. Sunderers are less than half the price so we should see more of them.

If you're finding there are no spawns that usually means theres very little influence in the area you are fighting, most of the capture points are enemy and so you'll need to fall back anyway. Squad leaders should be using spawn beacons too.
Video games. Bleeping blooping masturbatory aids for emotionally crippled social outcasts. Probably male outcasts. Probably physically repugnant and sexually inexperienced. Probably frightened of the real world. Probably standing here on this very spot saying these very words to a camera right now. Probably me, basically. Video games are for losers like me. Apparently. - Charlie Brooker

Fuck console fps's, its like remote controlling a fat kid! - DoG, 2010.
"If the Arsenal players don't like being tackled, they should go and play basketball or netball or one of the other games." - Joey Barton, NUFC 2011.
Rossi
First Centurion

Postby Weazle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Halibuts teamspeak server if you want to use it:
85.236.100.27:10737

message El_Muerko, myself or Pureuncuthalibut for password.
Main Website: CreepCultMurderers(dot)com | Demos: myspace(dot)com/creepcultmurderers
"Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it .... it will blow up?" - PC Danny Butterman
Weazle
Trustee

Postby DoG » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:23 am

Ah will be fun playimg with a decent squad again, ill look you guys up soon! Btw, im having a hard time finding squadmates on the map if im not near them and there isnt a squadwaypoint/ spawnbeacon up. Any tips on that? Also, I can never figure out which galaxy my squad is in unless I sit in it to check who the passengers are...
DoG
Optio

Postby Ralphman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 pm

I had the same problem regarding squad mates when I was playing. I seem to remember it was much easier to keep track of your group in PS1.
Twitter - Blog
GW2(Desolation)
Ëir - Norn Elementalist | Coldoro - Asura Engineer | Twïg - Sylvari Ranger | Ofibo - Asura Necromancer | Aigin - Norn Warrior
Ralphman
Trustee

Postby DoG » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 am

maybe i should have read this first haha:

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/ ... ndamentals
DoG
Optio

Postby DoG » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:13 am