Impressions?

Magic Missile, Fireball, Fireball, death!

Moderators: Trustees, GuildOfficial - GW2

Impressions?

Postby Cron » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:07 pm

So its been out a week for the early starters, what do you think?

My opinion hasn't really changed, its a really solid game - pretty much what I was expecting. I've been disappointed with the PVP so far though, zerg, die, push bag, repeat - could just be the groups i've been in so i've not given up yet - not sure if Elementalist is a bit shit in PVP or i'm doing it wrong :P

For a free to play MMO its good, the graphics are great - but I'd say having played both I prefer Tera. The combat system in that game rocked and the healer role was the most fun i've had healing in an MMO for ages. Not going to resub Tera with MOP coming out, and i'll continue to play GW2 as I'd like to see some of the more epic world events and see what the dungeons are like.

I'd recommend it as a F2P mmo for sure, be good when we do more organised stuff as a guild - but if Tera was F2P i'd defo be playing that over GW2, esp as they've just added raids!

| PSN: Cron_13 |
| Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/cron_13/ |
Cornicularius

Re: Impressions?

Postby Ralphman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:47 am

Like it so far, except for the fact that the login server keeps dying. But I'm sure that will be sorted.

Open world PvP tend to become zerg vs zerg really. So find your zerg, run with it and get easy xp or whatever and as soon as the chance for a smaller battle shows itself then take it. But be aware of the fact that at any point in time an enemy zerg might hit where you have your fun. That has been true for all the RvR MMOGs I've played so far. Can be awesome fun but can in an instance become fucking dull (your zerg arrives or their zerg does). That's why I enjoyed T3 RvR in WAR much more than T4. There was the right amount of people there, not to many and not to few.
Twitter - Blog
GW2(Desolation)
Ëir - Norn Elementalist | Coldoro - Asura Engineer | Twïg - Sylvari Ranger | Ofibo - Asura Necromancer | Aigin - Norn Warrior
Ralphman
Trustee

Postby riddles » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:42 am

My warrior is level 15 now and has 100% on the starter map, and i've definitely enjoyed the last 5 levels more than the first 10. Once I'd unlocked all my weapon skills and picked a melee/ranged combination i liked i definitely started enjoyed it all more.

Just need to try some pvp now...
riddles
Optio

Postby Bean » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:55 am

The PvP will mature over time when the player base calms down a bit and people start to get organised, Same thing happened in Daoc where the zerg and the organised were in separate places most of the time only meeting up when needed.
There's too much blood in my caffeine system.
Bean
Cornicularius

Postby TonySoprano » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 am

Enjoying it a lot so far (lvl 20 Guardian). Havent done any PVP yet or grouped with anyone yet.
Mixes now on Soundcloud :-
http://soundcloud.com/out-of-my-system
TonySoprano
Cornicularius

Postby Ost » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 am

Like it a lot too(lvl ~23 elementalist). Enjoying the crafting, especially the discovery thingie and the "hey, theres an event nearby" just go there, no grp needed, everyone is working toward the same goal and afterwards everyone goes where he wants. And you get XP for everything, really everything.
Cartagena Human Elementalist
Ost
Legionnaire

Postby Ralphman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:28 pm

My big problem with crafting is that I never have enough resources and I really fucking hate running around collecting them. That's something that SWG did absolutely brilliantly, about once a week you looked for new places to stick your mining installations and between that you hunted to get the resources from there. Never felt like a job just to get an other couple of levels in your crafting skill.
Twitter - Blog
GW2(Desolation)
Ëir - Norn Elementalist | Coldoro - Asura Engineer | Twïg - Sylvari Ranger | Ofibo - Asura Necromancer | Aigin - Norn Warrior
Ralphman
Trustee

Postby timb3r » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm loving it but just got a new house, so that's taking up all my time now.

The PVP is actually pretty good if you 'go off the beaten track'.
timb3r
Trustee

Return to Guild Wars 2